Popular Posts

Friday, December 23, 2011

What to blog about?

If you are anything like me, when it comes to writing, I am more self-conscious than a teenage girl. Even if the ideas and words are flowing, I always second guess myself, often leading to a very long night, and multiple 50 percent completed papers. 


So when I decided to start this blog, I forgot to ask myself what the HELL I was going to write about. With this in mind I decided to do some research and narrowed down my top 7 tips on what to blog about.


1. Linked up to get linked in- Write a blog about an article or blog that you have enjoyed recently. Link to other web-sites, expand, give insight, etc.


2. Cream of the Crop- Make lists of the best tips, products and ideas that are relevant to your readers. (Don't forget to add number 1 to this)


3. "Fly like a butterfly sting like a bee" - Write a post around a quote that inspires you. Add your own flair to the quote and what it speaks to you. Ask for readers input. *You want your readers to participate in your blogging!


4. Extra, extra read all about it- Use the news to spark debate and discourse. Write a blog around a hop topic or issue that is sweeping the news. Or feature a person of interest and write about them.


5. "This is how we do it"- Write a "how to article" on something that everyone does but does slightly different. The personal quirks will add to your online personality.


    6. "Wax on wax off" - Re-work one of your older pieces adding new "wax" or pizzazz to it. Readers will appreciate the revisited topic with a fresh coat of paint.
    7. "I'm going to the moon and I'm taking a danish" - (I admit that doesn't work in the least bit for a quote) But as I poorly did, let your imagination run wild. Find new subjects, do new research, photography, posts, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment